So far, I say I passed both.
The name for my blog is derived from my origin, which is Dutch, and from a nickname I was given when taking an English language course in Ireland in 2013. I knew so many words and expressions already, my classmates called me “the dictionary.” Alas: Dictionary Dutch was created!
My intention was to use this blog as an on-line diary, a place where I could spill my thoughts and rants in a dictionary-like style. However, my blog slowly changed from a lonely girl rambling about her life, to a place where I blog about life in general. Revelations, life lessons, wisdom, it’s all here!
You’re welcome to leave comments anywhere on my blog. It’s good to hear other people’s perspectives or share experiences, and I’ll always reply!
When do I blog what?
- Mondays: A music video portraying my Earworm Of The Week (aka a song you cannot get out of your head).
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: Anything ranging from Dictionary entries to quotes, witty remarks, thoughts, status updates, etcetera. I try to post at least one Dictionary entry a week.
- Wednesdays: A funny, witty, beautiful or inspirational quote in the form of a Delft Blue wisdom-tile.
- Weekends: On these days I post my weekly letter to Life, in which I address a life question that’s been bothering me.
- Pronunciations for the title-words in my dictionary-entries come from dictionary.reference.com. The underlined syllable on top of my posts is the stressed one
- Definitions of the titles given are my personal interpretations and not official ones. They should never be taken too seriously (as with everything I write), since I have a very strange, sarcastic sense of humour ;)
- I use quotes to accompany my dictionary-entries. To find a suitable one I use Google and Brainy Quote.
- Most pictures I use on my blog were taken by me personally. If, however, a picture is linked, it means I did not take it, nor am I taking credit for it.
Bottom line is: linked pictures are NOT mine, unlinked pictures ARE mine (except the linked picture of myself on the right – I took that).
As for the use of YouTube (music) videos: all credit goes to the artists for making them and to the people who put the clips on YouTube. I don’t do anything else but share the link.
- Stamps I used on any photos or images were found on webbie.suppi.net.