Thank you J from Salvageable for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award. I’m still unsure as to what awards mean to me exactly, but until I find out where I stand I proudly accept it :)
Share the award on your blog
Doing that right now!
Share seven random facts about yourself:
More weird facts? ;) Okay then:
- I think TV shows such as Toddlers & Tiaras are a desperate sign for the nearing apocalypse. I pride myself on trying to understand things that are not normal for me, but this one… I won’t even go there.
- I don’t like Frozen. Besides the one song, there’s not a lot of story going on. I mean, a good story. So when my nephew confused Belle from my favourite Disney movie with Frozen (not even Anna or what-is-she-called-with-the-blonde-hair, simply Frozen), I immediately called my sister to tell her I’ll be coming over soon, dressed in my princess dress, to watch Beauty and the Beast with her son (and daughter, who’s welcome to join in). You know, to put him straight.
- I have a thing for notebooks. This has nothing to do with the film (haven’t seen it), but… I don’t know. When I see one with a cute cover I just have to buy it. And I already have a stock pile of them!
- I’ve been in the papers multiple times. Once I was interviewed by my elementary school/junior high school teacher (no idea, go google Dutch school systems if you must). He was also a journalist for the local paper and picked four students to talk about lying. Another time I was featured in a “singing Christmas Tree”, but when the picture was taken something happened in the top and I looked up. What can I say? My neck looks kind of… Festive? Then there was another time at a carnival in town. The organisation had invited a national celebrity to spice visitor rates up, and me and a friend got photographed again. Juicy detail: my sister and her friend had been interviewed about their thoughts on the celeb, and their answers were linked to my picture in the end.
- I recently registered as a stem cell donor. I’d been considering to register for a while, but never really did it. Then I read this Dutch blog post about becoming one and I decided I had hesitated long enough. I posted the final information yesterday, so now it’s just waiting until somebody needs me.
- My new obsession is watching the Dutch version of Wheel Of Fortune and trying to guess the word(s) with a minimum of letters. I have to admit: I am pretty good at it! Last time the subject was TV Shows and one N had appeared, I knew it was All You Need Is Love. Go figure.
(By the way, I suspect the people on the Dutch show are selected by IQ – the lower the better).
- My pet gerbil Loki has a lump on his belly, it’s an inflamed sebaceous gland. The vet says it will grow back each time it’s removed and she can no longer help him; it’s either going to keep growing and fall off or stay like this forever. I now clean my gerbil’s belly each day with sterilised water, to prevent the lump from breaking open (it’s happened before – blood and pus came out). The lump hasn’t disappeared, but at least my gerbil isn’t crouching all over the place, trying to kill his itching belly.
And that’s the kind of crazy woman I am :)
Nominate ten other blogs (with under a thousand followers)
The last time I nominated people for an award I don’t think anyone accepted. I suspect I am terrible at finding bloggers who are both worthy and willing of one, therefore I am going to play it like a coward today:
If you have less than a thousand followers and would like to receive this award, please let me know in the comments and I will gladly and officially nominate you ;)
Thanks again to the always mind-enriching and honest blog Salvageable for this nomination. If you haven’t already visited there, better do it now! You definitely won’t regret it.
Have a great week, everyone!